Covance is seeking a Technical Lead for the BioAnalytical facility in Salt Lake City, UT.
This position provides an opportunity to further develop your assay development and validation skills, while functioning in a leadership capacity. We offer job flexibility, full benefits, and most importantly a work environment that foster creativity and career growth.
The BioA Technical Lead will lead lab processes, studies, and projects. Assist in the training, development, scheduling and oversight of laboratory staff., and is involved in the planning and execution of process improvement projects.
Additional responsibilities Include:
• Independently sets up and operates general equipment, LC-MS systems, and automated instrumentation, including problem identification and resolution. May perform routine and non-routine maintenance, as necessary.
• Actively performs laboratory work within the scope of validation tests, automated sample extractions, and routine and/or non-routine analyses in a variety of matrices and in compliance with appropriate SOPS and regulatory guidelines. Documents, works, and maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
• May serve as lead chemist on projects to plan, monitor and guide project and/or POD work, including overseeing a small group of technical staff, with minimal supervision.
• Assists with manual and automated routine sample extraction, training, and analysis laboratory work scheduling for indirect reports, including batch starts, calculations, and study set-up.
• Able to review work of others for overall accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and soundness of technical judgment.
• Provides input and participates in project meetings, informing Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and recommends corrective action.
• Suggests and performs modifications to test methods or procedures where precedence exists. Recommends an action plan for solving project or technical problems as they occur.
• May assist in the evaluation of new technologies or techniques. Functions as technical resource for department.
• May interact in external client communications.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• bs/ba degree in science or related field plus 2-4 years of relevant experience. experience may be substituted for education. experience • bs/ba degree in science or related field plus 2-4 years of relevant experience. experience may be substituted for education.
• knowledge of experimental design and ability to evaluate and interpret data.
• proficient at advanced instrument operation and troubleshooting.
• advanced knowledge of computers and programs.
• concise and effective verbal and written communication skills. eeo employer adsf