Affymetrix, now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
High Yield Manufacturing Technician
We are seeking a highly motivated manufacturing technician to join the High Yield team in San Diego. You will get a chance to work closely with other members of the group to manufacture our products through various stages of production: buffer preparation, protein purification, etc. This is an excellent opportunity to a rapidly growing company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performing monoclonal antibody purification
* Complete all batch records and manufacturing documents according to quality systems standards (GMP) as required. Learn and follow all departmental SOPs, guidelines, and procedures.
* Complete production schedule to plan maintaining sufficient output levels
* Works cross-functionally to efficiently release product, resolve problems and provide support to other departments across the organization (e.g., Quality Assurance, Planning, Quality Control, etc.)
* Provide support to manufacturing groups by performing SDS-PAGE and HPLC testing of monoclonal antibodies.
* Manage several projects concurrently to meet aggressive deadlines.
* Ability to function, with guidance, in a rapidly changing environment while balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Prepare buffer and solutions for lab personnel via work orders or other requests. Submit completed work orders to appropriate personnel for review at the end of each day.
* Wash and autoclave all glassware on a daily basis.
* Provide assistance to adjacent groups after daily duties have been achieved.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
* High school diploma and/or 2+ years relevant experience
* B.S. in related Life Sciences field preferred.
* Must be adaptable and flexible to meet changing priorities.
* Must be highly organized and goal-oriented.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Experience using Microsoft Office Applications and databases is desired.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Affymetrix is an EEO/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability