Job Title: Bio Banking Associate
This individual is a Bio Banking Associate who will work with a team of research associates in managing Bio Bank project at AKESOgen. This individual may also have the opportunity to become involved in other clinical and research projects at AKESOgen.
The Bio Banking Associate will work under the general direction of Director of Laboratory Operations. He/She will be responsible for aspects of project management and administration including operational, communication, outreach and education components as required. All duties are subject to change by managers during employment. The following is an outline and is not intended to be inclusive of all tasks that could be requested of employee.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Experience with best practices for clinical sample management (i.e., receipt, inventory, processing, storage, and retrieval).
- Develop policies and procedures for resource utilization and management as required.
- Be compliant with regulatory and accrediting agencies' requirements.
- Create and oversee standard operating procedures for aspects of the project.
- Assist in assembling sample collection kits and inventory management.
- Collect samples from client site per schedule.
- Accession samples with accuracy and process PBMC samples, aliquot and store them per protocol.
- Ensure on-going data integrity for the project by overseeing data collection, data management, quality control and reporting of results.
- Respond to senior management and client inquiries about the study protocol and policy.
- Assist with the development of research newsletters, marketing materials, presentations, and reports as needed.
Required Skills and Education:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in a clinical, health or life sciences field or MLT certification preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience in laboratory setting with experience in PBMC processing.
- Practical experience with biorepository / Bio Banking a plus.
- Knowledge of LIMS system.
- A basic knowledge of good clinical practices plus analytical and decision-making ability.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, computer skills, and organizational ability required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
The position requires work during
Week Days. Occasional weekends if required.