The cloud computing engineer will work with a diverse team of bioinformaticians, web developers, and software engineers on a next generation sequencing data analysis pipeline. Excellent opportunity for a motivated software developer to move into the cloud computing arena. Primary focus will be on the management and development of backend software used to process terabytes of data weekly. We are looking for a dynamic individual who can learn quickly. As part of a small team you will get to touch all aspects of our hybrid infrastructure; from profiling MongoDB queries to optimizing EC2 Auto scaling policies.
- Develops solutions using Python, JSON, MongoDB, and RabbitMQ.
- Design and implement applications to support distributed data processing using Python.
- Build libraries, user defined functions, and frameworks around MongoDB and or equivalent technologies.
- Code scripts and interface to APIs to extract and load data/code from various internal/external sources
- Participates in the installation, configuration and administration of a single-node and multi-node cloud cluster using Amazon Cloud Services or other vendors
- Participates in architecture decisions, design reviews, code reviews, and system implementation.
- Responsible for shipping high quality code as part of an agile team, on-time.
- Responsible for large portions of the systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Responsible for real-time operational support of the team’s functional areas.
- Quantitatively analyze data errors/issues/problems, determine cause and initiate corrective action when necessary