BGI is excited to launch the BGI Innovation Centers, an innovation platform co-located in Seattle and San Jose, with the primary goal of identifying and accelerating rapidly emerging genomic /genomic application technologies in the US and China markets.
BGI Innovation Center- Seattle is seeking a highly motivated business development manager in the field of science and technology innovation to identify and pursue new business opportunities and build the pipeline for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) or other Molecular Diagnostic (Mol Dx) platforms, and applications on these platforms.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Support management team to develop BGI Innovation Center’s strategic vision and help with the entire investment/engagement process from sourcing to deal close
• Develop domain pipeline and lead sourcing strategy, conduct market research, identify and screen potential target companies and partners in academia and industry, perform company review and due-diligence, and make engagement recommendations
• Monitor existing companies within BGI Innovation Center and write and prepare materials in relation to investment activities as required
• Network with peer investors
• Possess commercial awareness on sector trends and landscape
• Coordinate and collaborate with Seattle, San Jose, and Shenzhen teams.
• Network with peer and attend new technology investment forums and related events
• Domestic or international travel up to 50% of the time.
• Perform other work related duties as assigned.