The Automation Engineering Group is looking for an experienced Automation Engineering Technician to join their team.
You will work alongside the automation engineers to build, power up, test, and troubleshoot custom automation equipment that are used for the production of diagnostic disposables. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the tool through various phases and providing support during validation and launch.
- Responsible for the Mechanical assembly of complex automation equipment using fabricated and purchased parts as well as bill of material provided by engineering
- Documentation of mechanical alterations and additions during the build and debug
- Work with the automation and controls engineers to ensure proper machine functionality
- Perform various non-repetitive mechanical assembly functions using hand or power tools
- Build machines and sub-assemblies according to design requirements and specifications
- Comply with the company safety procedures
- Provide timely and detailed status updates
- Quality - Ensure standards are maintained in a highly regulated environment
- Provide support to manufacturing
- Participate in continuous improvement discussions and provide ideas and feedback
- Perform buy-off on outsourced tools