This is an opportunity for a highly motivated automation engineer to work in a fast-paced and collaborative R&D environment developing simple, robust, and customer-focused solutions to facilitate genetic testing on the microarray platform.
- Develops automated liquid handling solutions for preparing DNA samples to be used on Thermo Fisher’s microarray products.
- This is a hands-on engineering position with a focus on development, validation and product commercialization.
- Documentation under design control to ensure quality product development
- Performs statistical analysis and conducts design of experiments.
- Provides innovative ideas for new products and intellectual property.
- Collaborates with molecular biologists, biochemists, bioinformatics, engineers, product managers, customer support, and other internal teams.
- Bachelor's degree + 5 years experience or Masters + 3 years experience. Education in the following majors: Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, or related fields.
- Multidisciplinary technical background is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience of operating and writing methods on automated liquid handling instruments (Beckman Coulter, Tecan, or Hamilton) is essential.
- Understanding of assay development and validation is essential.
- Can clearly document laboratory work and write SOPs.
- Is a quick learner and can quickly deliver on goals.
- Has a passion for problem solving and outside-the-box thinking.
- Has good organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Must be highly collaborative; must have the ability to work within a diverse team.
- Self-motivated, independent, and a proactive driving force of execution.
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing needs caused by time, budget, or other constraints.
Additional Favorable Experience:
- Trained in ISO 13485, 21 CFR Part 820 Quality Systems Regulation, GLP/GMP.
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of JAVA scripting and/or Visual Basic
- Statistical skills using current platforms e.g. JMP
- Good mechanical aptitude
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.