We are looking for a highly motivated, independent but team-oriented Automation Engineer with strong expertise in laboratory Automation and Process Engineering. Automation engineers will work closely with production, development, innovation and clinical teams to develop new protocols on laboratory robots to meet demands of a growing laboratory with expanding automation needs.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, optimize, and implement automated assays to increase throughput and efficiency in the laboratories;
- Create new automation programs on current equipment to meet evolving needs for new protocols and scaling sample throughput;
- Analyze current process procedures and provide feedback for their optimization and improvement;
- Calibrate, maintain and repair a variety of laboratory instruments, including liquid handling robotics;
- Provide real-time support for equipment with hardware/software issues during live runs;
- Evaluate new equipment, software and automated solutions to help with purchasing decisions;
- Install and implement new equipment. Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and/or Installation/Operational Qualification Testing (IQ/OQ), if necessary;
- Train lab staff on instrument use and automated protocols;
- Author and update SOPs for automated processes.