Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
Regeneron is currently seeking a talented and motivated Automation Engineer to join our Technical Operations Department reporting to the Manager of Automation. This position is responsible for automation and controls systems project management towards specification, design, start-up, commissioning and support in a cGMP environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Performs activities related to design, commissioning, performance improvement, and troubleshooting of automated process equipment.
• Provides design/approval of hardware, software, and controls for automated equipment.
• Provides technical and automation operational support to Manufacturing and Facilities.
• Implements software/hardware changes and upgrades, understands impact of actions to Manufacturing and Facilities and process.
• Implements modification/change control procedures and protocols.
• Supports Validation Department with initial design review, software testing, protocol execution and review.
• Programs PLC and HMI application for automated process equipment, capable of troubleshooting and demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation and controls.