In early 2015, Actavis completed the acquisition of Allergan. This combination united two growing, successful and profitable companies into a unique, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. In June 2015, the combined company changed its corporate name to Allergan plc and its stock ticker to NYSE:AGN.
Today, our nearly 30,000 talented global employees are creating an unrivaled foundation for long-term growth. We combine highly regarded brands and a best-in-class generics business with an enviable pipeline and lean, reliable operations to drive value for customers.
Join one of the world's fastest growing specialty pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn't just welcomed, it's encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of stretch assignments and opportunities to step into the spotlight.
The Research Scientist develops complex methods (HPLC and GC), optimizes methods, and troubleshoots and validates analytical methods used in the Quality Control Laboratory. Investigates test failures. Analyzes and interprets results in written and/or oral format. The scientist will need a solid understanding of chromatography and analytical chemistry.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
• Develop and optimizes complex methods for in-process, process validation, raw materials, finished products, stability and developmental samples to be used in a regulated Quality Control Laboratory environment.
• Troubleshoot methods to determine root-causes and validates methods for release to the Lab.
• Investigate test failures. Analyzes and interprets results in written and/or oral form.
• In the performance of this position, may perform tests of raw materials, in-process, finished products and stability samples including dissolution assays, chromotagraphic purity, content uniformity using UV and HPLC, particle size distribution using different techniques including Light Scattering density, water, determination by KF, and tests according to the in-house monographs and USP in a regulated laboratory environment in support of method development, method transfer or Technical Services sponsored studies.
• Maintains accurate lab notebooks and completes all related analytical reports, write summaries and keeps proper documentation in compliance with SOP's.
• Maintains Laboratory and work areas with good housekeeping practices and in compliance with cGMP.
• Ensure notebooks are reviewed in a timely manner in accordance with SOP's.
• Prepare analytical methods, protocols, reports and standard operating procedure documentation.
• Follow all SOP's and Safety Guidelines to ensure compliance with cGMP environment and Actavis Safety Practices.
• Extensive hands-on experience using chromatographic methods.
• 5+ years' relevant experience with BS degree or 3+ years with MS.
• Experience writing method validation protocols and reports.
• Pharmaceutical lab experience required.
• Extensive hands-on experience using HPLC and GC.
• Ability to carry out and complete necessary computations and present/interpret data.
• Ability to work on multiple methods of a complex nature.
• Experience investigating complex test failure and determining root causes.
• Experience in the development, optimization validation of methods.
• Working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation as referred to in job responsibilities and associated software where applicable (those currently used at Actavis is preferred).
• Skilled in the preparation, writing and modification of laboratory methods, protocols, reports and standard operating procedures.
• Possess and demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Hands-on experience with UPLC.
• Ability to instruct, teach and mentor lower level chemists.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related discipline.
MS Degree preferred.