Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The North American Chromatography and Mass Spec Sales channel is comprised of Account Managers, Territory Product Specialists, Transactional Sales Reps, Application Scientists, Sales Agents, and Distributors focused on selling the full suite of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry products to Agilent Life Science and Chemical Analysis customers in the US, and Canada. As an Associate Vice President in the Americas Field Operations (AFO), you will lead the generalist account manager structure in the Eastern US and Canada. You will play a pivotal role in leading and directly managing the AFO sales channel in order to achieve quota and drive profitable growth; you will work closely with the Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group (LSAG) and the broader AFO sales organizations to develop sales plans and programs that deliver business results.
We are looking for a high potential leader ready to take on the challenge of running a multi-hundred million dollar Instruments sales channel across North America; this will include developing sales and channel strategies, maximizing customer satisfaction and customer loyalty, and creating programs in order to achieve quota as well as double-digit growth within the operating budget and headcount targets.
Key responsibilities include:
* Ensure that Agilent continues to develop sales and marketing industry leadership and that Agilent remains recognized as both the market and marketing leader in its business segments. Continue to develop a culture of innovation and excellence within the Agilent CMS sales organization
* Develop, in conjunction with the Agilent Senior Leadership Team, appropriate short, medium, and long-term tactics/strategies to reinforce Agilent as the global leader in Life Science and Applied Markets
* Leadership and direct management of the Eastern US and Canadian Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Point of Instrument Sales channel, comprised of Account Managers, Transactional Sales Reps, Sales Agents, Sales Managers and Distributors
* Quota achievement and profitable growth driving overall CMS results; working closely with sales leadership to establish and monitor these goals, with refinements made as necessary throughout each fiscal year
* Develop an organization that is designed and staffed to meet the goals of the Laboratory Solutions Sales group, while simultaneously seen as the "employer of choice" throughout the industry and by Agilent's own employees. Carry out a thorough team review to assess and strengthen the talent bench
* Development and execution of a sales plan, strategies and related programs to achieve the CMS AFO sales targets (focus is on point of instrument sale & connect rate)
* Partnering with the Chemistries and Supplies and Aftermarket Service sales teams to drive key customer engagements and smooth hand-offs
* Partnering with the instruments sales managers to develop sales strategies and plans for double digit growth of for key product groups and NPIs
* Partnering with the Chemistries and Supplies Division to define products and programs that drive CSD orders in AFO
* Represent the Life Science & Chemical Analysis organization in a positive and proactive matter within the Agilent regional leadership structure
Geo Location: East Coast USA; preferably Wilmington, DE