* Working with the Clinical Variant Specialist in communicating with clients for the purposes of targeted genetic research testing.
* Digitally constructing, annotating and evaluating family pedigrees for variant classification using specially designed software and making recommendations to the software development team for improvements.
* Accuracy of data entry and the ability to recognize inconsistencies and initiate resolution is critical.
* Working with in-house software to amend patient reports following variant reclassification.
* Assisting the Laboratory Directors in daily variant classification.
* This individual will operate with a level of autonomy and responsibility commensurate with experience and initiative.
* Bachelors degree in Bioinformatics, or Computer Science with an emphasis in Bioinformatics, or Biostatistics with experience in computer programming, or Biology / Genetics / Molecular Biology / Biochemistry with computer programming experience and some training in statistics.
* Professional and detail oriented
* Proficient with Windows, Word and Excel
* Excellent communication skills
* Individuals with biological research experience are preferred
Please email a copy of your transcripts to: [email protected] in addition to applying on-line.
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Repetitive Motion, Analyzing, Coordinating