The Associate Technician II in Cell Culture uses cell culture techniques to conduct experiments under direct supervision. Records and tabulates data. Assists Research and Product Development Team by contributing to daily requirements in the lab. Essential Responsibilities Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
1. Maintain cell lines including cryopreservation and thawing.
2. Perform growth promotion studies and tabulate data. Read and record critical dependent measurements
3. Prepare reagents and media using written specifications.
4. Perform analysis accurately on a daily basis. Perform daily calibrations and operate basic lab equipment (pH meter, spectrophotometer etc.)
5. Identify any problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify supervisor.
6. Assist the supervisor in ensuring an efficient workflow operation and reports any delays and problems that can cause significant delay on the workflow process to supervisors, or technical director..
7. Maintain laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning or performing scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance / calibration / certification, as required.
8. Adhere to department rules and laboratory procedures, as well as company regulations stated in the Employee handbook.
9. Adheres to Department Specific Safety Guidelines.
10. Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, manual manipulation, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Be able to follow department's procedures with respect to proper documentation, laboratory safety, aseptic technique, mammalian cell culture, sample collection, labelling, preservation, and storage.
5. Ability to identify, understand and evaluate the acceptability of routine or complex analysis prior to releasing customer reports.
6. Recognize and take appropriate action in response to critical or unexpected results and communicate these with Supervisor.
7. Ensures the QC processes are established and followed as required.
8. Ensures QI metrics are established and followed as required.
9. Ensure laboratory operates with no major systematic deficiencies as determined by external audits (CAP, NYS).
1. Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences or Chemistry, or 3+ years of relevant work experience.
2. Must have a solid understanding of general laboratory techniques and the ability to follow basic laboratory instructions and safety requirements.
3. Ability to demonstrate excellent time management skills and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
4. Ability to handle biological samples and potentially hazardous chemicals.
5. Ability to operate equipment with sufficient proficiency to successfully execute test procedures.
6. Must have basic computer skills.
7. Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions.
8. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.