To provide technical expertise and execute laboratory research strategies in support of multiple in vivo and in vitro projects focused on expedited evaluation and the clinical translation of therapies for type 1 diabetes and kidney disease. This position will be responsible for providing peer leadership and technical support in the laboratory for research experiments and data integrity.
Reports to the Associate Director of Research for T1D/DKD. Internal relationships including working closely with technical staff and members of the scientific leadership team in T1D/DKD; regular collaborations with members of other research departments at NNRCSI; and frequent interaction with project managers and other colleagues in Denmark. May interact with external research collaborators both academia- and industry-based.
Complete complex, diverse projects that require a strong technical and scientific understanding of molecular biology, NGS and gene editing techniques, and challenges associated with innovative drug design and development. Conducts data collection, accurately interprets experimental data and formulates conclusions, and may communicate data externally. Ensures proper documentation of experimental data, including maintaining laboratory notebooks. Contribute to milestone/project documentation. Develop assays for use in in vivo studies, draft Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) per team and company standards, document development in assay development reports and using internal systems, train staff, and provide assistance with data analyses and interpretation. Present updates and results to cross-functional teams. Share knowledge, mentor peers, and promote cross-functional team work to ensure implementation of best practices in the laboratory. Achieve business goals, share learnings, knowledge and skills and promote cross-functional teamwork. Completes assignments requiring an expert level knowledge of techniques and practices related to the research area. Performs data analyses and works with Research Scientist to interpret data and generate recommendations to research team. Works in a team-focused environment to ensure progress of global research projects. Maintains the laboratories and perform other job related duties as assigned. Uses knowledge and experiences to interpret and properly document experimental data. Ensures data integrity. Conducts data collection and routine data analysis and documentation of data. Maintains laboratory notebooks in accordance with Novo Nordisk’s standards. Works with Department Heads and Scientists to insure better practice sharing and implementation within the lab. Provides technical mentorship, scientific guidance to junior staff, and peer leadership. Use networking opportunities to provide research opportunities with NNRC.
Lab exposure may include hazardous chemicals and blood-borne pathogens. Works with human and animal blood and tissue; works in a laboratory environment that may include hazardous chemicals and blood borne pathogens. May require 5-10% travel.
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 6 years of experience post-degree; advanced degree may be substituted for experience as appropriate
- Knowledge and significant experience of NGS and gene editing methods is required
- Highly proficient in a wide-range of technical abilities; knowledge of proteomic methods a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with mouse models in BSL2 conditions, administration of drugs via different routes of injection (including intraperitoneal, subcutaneous, and intramuscular), and tissue collection is preferred
- Experience working with human samples and with GLCP strongly preferred
- Previous experience in biopharmaceutical industry lab preferred
- Strong understanding of immunology preferred but not required
- Strong technical skills, including cell culture sterile technique required
- Computer proficiency and the ability and desire to learn new software programs is required
- Excellent skills in collecting data and accurately maintaining laboratory notebooks required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 56902BR
Job Category: Research
Biology, Biotech, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Data, Data Analyst, Diabetes, Engineering, Healthcare, Immunology, Laboratory, Medical Lab, Molecular Biology, Research, Research Scientist, Science, Scientific, Scientist, Special Medicine, Technical Support, Technology