Clontech is looking for a highly skilled, creative, and self-motivated individual with experience optimizing protocols on automated platforms for the production of next-generation sequencing libraries to join our talented team of scientists. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing scripts required for automated platform performance, running experiments with cells, and optimizing protocols. They will work both independently as well as closely with molecular biologists and bioinformaticians in R&D to create protocols and products for customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate benchtop library preparation protocols to automated systems (such as Fluidigm C1, Biomek, Agilent BRAVO, etc.)
- Work with in-house scientists and customers to develop and test protocols
- Attend conferences to present data, obtain information on current developments in sequencing and develop external contacts
- Serve as functional expert to support sales and technical support representatives – may be required to give presentations to customers
- Help prepare drafts and review technical documents related to product manufacture as well as customer-directed application notes