We are looking for a highly motivated, independent but team-oriented Associate Scientist IIIwith experience in next-generation sequencing (NGS).
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out procedures associated with DNA & RNA sequencing on the Illumina sequencing platform, including DNA/RNA library preparation, sample quantification & preparation, and Sequencer operation;
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform day-to-day work on the Sequencing equipment (e.g. Illumina HiSeqs, cBots);
- Analyze current process procedures and provide feedback for their optimization and improvement, documenting processes, proposing method improvements, and troubleshooting assays, as needed;
- Perform quality control of the samples and raw sequencing data;
- Conduct other laboratory work, as needed;
- Author and edit standard operating procedures;
- Track all work and issues in the appropriate databases/tracking sheets;
- Utilize NYGC’s LIMS tracking system to accurately track and perform day-to-day tasks.
- Train and mentor fellow staff members.