The Sequencing Development Group is seeking an energetic and motivated Associate Scientist II to join our team. The candidate will be involved in developing and optimizing protocols for high-throughput sequencing technologies. The position involves hands-on laboratory work, and requires strong communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced fluid environment.
- Perform custom assays on RNA and DNA for next-gen sequencing including library preparation, sample quantification, and related procedures
- Evaluate new methods by executing well-controlled experiments
- Analyze processes, optimize current protocols, and troubleshoot assays in an organized manner
- Conduct other laboratory work as needed
- Keep detailed and reliable laboratory records
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness and organization
- Actively participate NYGC’s goals in a positive, professional manner