MedImmune currently has an opening for an Associate Scientist (AS) I / II or Associate Engineer (AE) I / II within its Downstream Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MS&T) group in Frederick, MD. The role for this person will include/entail the following:
* Supporting scale-up and technology transfer of manufacturing bioprocesses to commercial facilities; process performance monitoring; implementation of process improvement strategies; development of process models.
* Hands-on, problem-solving and/or laboratory-based role; developing and executing laboratory studies to support MS&T strategies and regulatory filings; troubleshooting manufacturing process and equipment issues.
* Conducting or participating in technically demanding projects .
* Making detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results; providing quantitative analyses, as required.
* Authoring, contributing and/or reviewing, as appropriate, technical reports, protocols, manufacturing batch records and other documents.
* Maintaining appropriate, timely documentation.
* Working independently and in collaboration w/others. Functioning effectively as a member of one or more project teams.
* Presenting findings at internal meetings and may present at external scientific meetings.
* Mentoring and performing as a positive role model to other personnel. May have supervisory responsibility.