This position can be filled at either the Associate Scientist I or Associate Scientist II level depending upon experience.
As a part of MedImmune's R&D portfolio strategy, a biosuperior organization has been established to develop and advance novel programs that are best in class. This will include the development of new biologics that demonstrate clinically meaningful improvements over previously approved molecules in late stage development. Specifically, MedImmune will leverage its industrial leading platform technologies and antibody/protein engineering expertise to improve upon existing molecules or to identify de novo best-in-class molecules against clinically proven targets. The Associate Scientist I/Associate Scientist II will be part of a team to advance biosuperior targets into full drug discovery programs. Responsibilities include running in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays for disease areas that may include immunology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, infectious diseases, and oncology. Data acquisition, analysis and interpretations (including statistics), as well as the ability to propose next steps, are expected from the candidate.
Associate Scientist I:
Bachelors of Science degree with 5-7 years of experience
Masters of Science degree with 3-5 years of experience
Associate Scientist II:
Bachelors of Science degree with 7-10 years of experience
Masters of Science degree with 5-7 years of experience
*The candidate must be highly motivated, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and is expected to be productive in a team environment with minimal direct supervision.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualities:
* Functions well as a team member on cross-functional teams for drug discovery.
* Ability to work with external partners for assay development and experiments.
* Has experience in antibody/protein therapeutics drug discovery.
* Possesses experience in broad therapeutic areas.
* Demonstrated experience with in vitro assays and/or in vivo models.
* Shows aptitude for innovation and creativity, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Has a high degree of common sense and strong organizational skills.
* Has the strong interpersonal skills required to work in a team-oriented environment.
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment and to work across disease areas.
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.