We are looking for a highly motivated, independent but team-oriented Associate Scientist I to work in our newly-formed nucleic acid extraction lab.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out procedures associated with both manual and automated extraction of DNA and RNA from blood, saliva, tissue, and FFPE sources;
- Perform sample quantification and nucleic acid quality control analyses;
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform day-to-day work on the extraction equipment;
- Analyze current process procedures and provide feedback for their optimization and improvement, documenting processes, proposing method improvements, and troubleshooting assays, as needed;
- Conduct other laboratory work, as needed;
- Author and/or edit standard operating procedures;
- Track all work and issues in the appropriate databases/tracking sheets;
- Utilize NYGC’s LIMS tracking system to accurately perform and track day-to-day tasks.