We are looking for a highly motivated, independent but team-oriented Associate Scientist I to work in our production lab.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out procedures associated with DNA & RNA sequencing on the Illumina sequencing platform, including DNA/RNA library preparation, sample quantification & preparation, and Sequencer operation;
- Maintain and perform day-to-day work on the Sequencing equipment (e.g. Illumina HiSeqs, cBots); limited troubleshooting is expected.
- Some analysis of current process procedures, as needed;
- Perform quality control of the samples and raw sequencing data;
- Conduct other laboratory work, as needed;
- Edit standard operating procedures;
- Track all work and issues in the appropriate databases/tracking sheets;
- Become proficient using NYGC’s LIMS tracking system to accurately perform day-to-day tasks.