Play an important role in early drug development by supporting the analytical characterisation of novel proteins (from peptides to antibodies) for batch release and stability assessment. Specifically working within the potency team performing in vitro cell-based assays (such as reporter gene, HTRF, proliferation, second messenger) and binding assays (such as Biacore, ELISA, alphaLISA, Gyros and other techniques), contributing to the development of new methodologies and novel product-specific bioassays to support testing and progression of lead projects.
Bachelor's of Science Degree with 5-8 years of experience
Master's of Science Degree with 2-5 years years of experience
Development of novel potency assays within the team, with a specific requirement for hands-on in-vitro cell-based assay expertise, aseptic techniques, and cell-culture requirements for primary, clonal and recombinant cell-lines.
* Routine operation of general potency assays including ELISA, enzymatic reaction and cell-based/binding assay techniques, to support characterisation of novel protein therapeutics and preclinical studies.
* Day-to-day problem solving and work prioritisation, and co-ordination across analytical biochemistry to ensure study and project requirements are met to timelines.
* Data processing, tabulation and interpretation of results from cell characterisation and cell-based/binding assay work.
* Involvement with scheduling, operational and maintenance duties as required within the laboratory.
* Contributing to drafting of appropriate protocols, reports and process documents as required.
* Performing duties in a timely manner, consistent with the prevailing regulatory and company guidance and procedures
* Present project-related and other relevant data at internal meetings as and when required
* Implementing and promoting MedImmune's health and safety practises including the regulations governing COSHH, biological agents and genetically modified organisms as detailed in relevant MedImmune risk assessments.
* Enthusiastic, flexible and willing to learn.
* High level of attention to detail
* Team player
* Proactive communicator
* Good organisation and planning skills
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot
* Confident and Independent
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation
Position CategoryDevelopment - Analytical Biochemistry
Refer A FriendApply Now
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
MedImmune, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer