New York, New York Research Institute – Research Full Time
The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) Research Institute is a rapidly growing and highly successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures through stem cell research.
NYSCF is seeking an Associate Scientist to join the Aging team. This position reports directly to a Principal Scientist, and works closely with other members of the NYSCF Research Institute including: stem cell biologists, automation engineers, imaging experts, bioinformatics, and operations.
We are seeking a self-motivated applicant with a strong interest in aging and stem cell research. The person will have strong hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, immunofluorescence/immunohistochemistry and standard molecular biology methods. Specific experience with pluripotent stem cell cultures is considered a plus.
This is a full-time position based on a 35-hour workweek, however, some weekend work may be required.
What you'll do
- Perform cell culture to support ongoing projects Assist with the development of novel high content assays
- Execute high-throughput phenotyping and drug testing assays
- Work collaboratively with other NYSCF scientists and staff
- Execute, troubleshoot and communicate tasks independently and effectively
- Perform data analysis and write reports on research findings
- Maintain extremely organized and accurate records using an ELN/LIMS
- Provide regular feedback at inter-team meetings
- Provide routine scientific reports
What we're looking for
- BSc/BA in Biology or relevant scientific discipline, MSc is a plus
- Experience with mammalian cell culture outside of coursework ; (experience with iPSC/hESC is highly desired)
- Immunofluorescence/Immunohistochemistry and imaging experience is preferred
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques - i.e. qPCR, Western blotting is a plus
- Experience with high-throughput experimentation - i.e. automation is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Maintain accurate and updated documentation of experimental workProficient in both Mac and PC computer environments (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ELNs)
- Very strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize a substantial workload
- Able to analyze and interpret data and report findings succinctly
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment requiring occasional weekend work
- Level will be dependent on experienc
NYSCF is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.