Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute various laboratory activities with limited instruction
- Recognize potential problems, understand and troubleshoot assays and work to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success of project.
- Optimize complex assays to achieve commercial levels of stability and performance.
- Help plan and execute verification and validation studies.
- Report recommendations based on tested experimental results.
- Assesses information to ensure data sufficiency and completeness of results.
- Write experimental protocols and reports
- Write experimental summaries and prepare technical presentations for updating supervisor and other team members as appropriate. Provide verbal progress reports in both formal and informal settings
- Interface with various departments.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics or related field with 5+ years of related laboratory experience.
- Good knowledge of standard molecular biology/nucleic acid-based protocols for both DNA and RNA
- Experience in oncology and/or IVD product development highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of scientific principles.
- Sound laboratory skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to implement protocols and keep good notes in a lab notebook.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Hands-on experience with next generation sequencing technologies and sample preparation highly desired
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf