Principal Technical Responsibilities may include:
- Experience with cGMP
- Good Documentation Practices
- Data review - To perform checking & verifying of peers analytical data in accordance with in-house SOPs
- Hands on experience or knowledge in some or all of the following techniques:
- HPLC, UPLC, peptide mapping, size exclusion HPLC, ion-exchange HPLC, oligosaccharide/glycan analysis, sialic acids, monosaccharaides.
- UV/Vis, Micro Flow Imaging, multi-angle light scattering (MALS), Karl Fischer moisture testing.
- Chromatography Data Systems (e.g. Empower, OpenLab)
- Protein chemistry
- Familiar with compendia methods/testing and impurities testing
- Capable of method development, method validation and troubleshooting
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to be flexible
- Team player
- Ability to execute projects on timely basis
- Ability to mentor/train peers as necessary
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
Regular Communication with the following will be required:
- Members of staff within DAS-LMAC
- Members of staff within other operational Business Units.
- Members of staff within Support Functions.
Occasional Communication with:
- Members of staff and peers within Other Catalent Business Units
- Staff within other groups of Catalent
- Clients and Potential Clients of Catalent
- Equipment Vendors.
United States-MO-Kansas City
Development & Clinical Services
III. Position Requirements
Education or Equivalent:
Bachelor of Science degree is required.
Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences (chemistry, biochemistry or related field) is preferred.
Hands on biochemistry related lab experience is preferred.
Hands on analytical chemistry and analytical lab experience is preferred.
Working knowledge of GMP/cGMP is preferred.
Data analysis experience is required.
Good Documentation Practices are required.
Data review - to perform checking & verifying of peers analytical data in accordance with in-house SOPs is required.
Hands-on HPLC experience is preferred.
Hands-on peptide mapping experience is preferred.
Hands-on size exclusion HPLC experience is preferred.
Hands-on ion-exchange HPLC experience is preferred.
Hands-on oligosaccharide/glycan analysis experience is preferred.
Hands-on sialic acids, monosaccharaides experience is preferred.
Hands-on UV/Vis experience is preferred.
Hands-on Micro Flow Imaging, multi-angle light scattering (MALS), Karl Fischer moisture testing experience is preferred.
Hands-on Chromatography Data Systems (e.g. Empower, OpenLab) experience is preferred.
Hands-on Protein chemistry experience is preferred.
Must be Familiar with compendia methods/testing and impurities testing experience is preferred.
Hands-on method development, method validation and troubleshooting experience is preferred.
Basic computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets) are required.
Ability to lift up to 44 pounds and stand on feet for extended periods of time is required.
- Must wear safety glasses, or specified eye protection, in all designated areas
- Must follow any applicable plant safety requirements
- Must be trained in plant hazardous material procedures
- Working conditions will be Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioned controlled
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent employs approximately 8,500 people, including over 1,000 scientists, at nearly 30 facilities across 5 continents and in Fiscal 2013 generated more than $1.8 billion in annual revenue. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J. For more information, visit www.catalent.com
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to Jobs@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.