Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products - Imbruvica, Venclexta, and Empliciti - and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in nearly 200 clinical trials in 19 different types of cancer.
AbbVie is expanding its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. This position is based at Stemcentrx, AbbVie's South San Francisco, CA location.
AbbVie Stemcentrx is looking to hire a highly motivated team player who will join the team that supports early stage research and development. The qualified candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, have a strong commitment to providing research support, and dedicated to providing humane animal care in accordance with the animal welfare regulations and local regulations of the IACUC. The candidate must be very reliable, be able to work independently or in a group setting that is dynamic and fast paced, be very focused and attentive to details and be able to provide high quality and consistent results.
Responsibilities include, supporting discovery research by ensuring the highest quality of animal care / husbandry and facility management. Husbandry work includes daily recording of room environments, daily animal health checks and reports, weekly cage changes, stocking of supplies and supporting in Vivo research staff. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays on a rotational basis, be able to lift 50 pounds, be willing to stand for long periods of time and be flexible in working longer hours.
• A.S. Degree in Biology or related discipline
• Minimum 1-3 years of directly related experience. AALAS certification is preferred but not required
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Ability to perform occasional physical labor involving lifting weight up to 50 pounds
• Willing to split weekend and holidays with peers on a rotational basis
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Motivated to excel, learn, attentive to details
• Efficient in working alone or in a group environment.