Job Title: Associate Product Manager
Reports to: Associate Director or higher
FLSA Class: Exempt
Introduction to Job Post:
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for working with supervisor to support products through the product life-cycle for part of our NGS portfolio that includes working with R&D to set specifications to guide product development, estimating market opportunity and competitive positioning; developing and implementing launch plans that include a wide variety and complexity of promotional activities, delivering training to worldwide sales team to guide sales activities; working with operations team to ensure that product availability meets market expectations. The Associate Product Manager also participates in planning activities for the NGS portfolio that include but are not limited to analyzing market pricing, analyzing competitive position, estimating sales for the coming year and participating in development of the marketing plan.
The Associate Product Manager reports to the Senior Product Manager or higher within Marketing and works closely with their supervisor to set priorities and schedule work. It is expected that the Associate Product Manager receives guidance on priorities and processes and works closely with supervisor.
The Associate Product Manager role is office-based.
Approximately 30% travel, including overnight, and some international travel may be required.
- Working with supervisor to plan, create, edit, develop and maintain content and marketing assets to support the launch and sales of new and existing NGS products.
- Train sales team on new and existing NGS products including development of a new product launch package as necessary including creation of Cue Cards, key target market information and sales support tools. Sales support tools include technical notes, customer facing presentations, web content, target customer definition and key words that can be used to identify target customers.
- Working with supervisor to conduct market, competitor and pricing research to assist in evaluating and developing NGS product strategies. Obtain product line sales and customer data and then analyze performance using Excel tools such as pivot tables as necessary. Work with supervisor to develop and implement promotional plans to achieve sales budget.
- Summarize data and create presentations as part of NGS Product Line reviews, 6-month product post-launch reviews and other market analysis as required.
- Working in conjunction with colleagues in Product Marketing, Graphic Design and Technical Writing teams to plan, implement and schedule activities to meet objectives of marketing campaigns. May include: creating, editing, and scheduling marketing campaigns using the company’s diverse marketing tools. Reports on effectiveness of campaigns.
- Create promotional packages, including presentation materials for new products and key product lines that are appropriate for the Sales Team to conduct customer education and demand creation programs.
- Edit and create web content to conduct Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization programs as necessary to support implementation of marketing campaigns.
- Other projects as assigned.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- BS/BA in Molecular, Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field is required; PhD is preferred.
- No prior experience in a product marketing role is required but experience with NGS systems, usage, data analysis and reagent systems is required. Experience in a customer facing role will be looked at favorably.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Office with emphasis on the use of Excel and PowerPoint.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.