AstraZeneca is currently hiring and Associate Princpal Scientist to join our Oncology Bioinformatics team. The Oncology Bioinformatics Team work as part of our oncology drug project teams, from new target discovery to early clinical trials. The global group, currently 11 full time positions plus 2 post-doctoral roles, balance activities between three areas of focus: disease characterization and target discovery; drug project support; and clinical biomarker translation. There is an exciting opportunity for a highly talented bioinformatics expert to lead our strategy for disease characterization and target discovery. In this key role you will:
- Lead strategy and implement innovative bioinformatic solutions to champion new drug target opportunities.
- Work closely with the global oncology bioinformatics leader to define priorities, project alignment and strategic direction for the group.
- Work closely with drug project bioscience and translational science teams across AZ Oncology UK/US to understand business priorities and lead bioinformatics support to the pre-LOID portfolio.
- Maintain an industry leading capability for oncology target/disease informatics.
- Lead and coordinate scientific contributions from a sub-team of 2+ PhD bioinformatics scientists.
- Harness patient data from AstraZeneca's recently announced Genomics Initiative, clinical trials and public multi-omics to advance our understanding of cancer molecular, phenotypic and immune segmentation, and drug resistance.
- Champion your vision to senior stakeholders to influence investment for data generation, software licensing and collaboration.
- Publish in high impact scientific literature.
- Identify and lead collaborative relationships with expert groups.
- Lead efforts to harness value from external data and science.
This role mat be based in either Cambridge, UK or Waltham, MA (Boston area)