The position will be responsible for designing and conducting analyses involving clinical and phenotypic data for genetics studies at the Regeneron Genetics Center. Responsibilities will include analyzing large-scale clinical and phenotypic datasets, including de-identified EMR extracts from external collaborators, clinical datasets in selected cohorts, and internal datasets from clinical trials and other human subjects research. The position will involve working within a team of database administrators, clinical informaticists, clinical scientists, and programmers to design and perform association analysis within clinical and phenotypic data sets to support large-scale genetic studies. The position will require coordination and collaboration with other scientists within the department, research and clinical scientists at Regeneron, and external collaborators.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work within a team of informaticists, programmers, database administrators, and clinical scientists, as well as external collaborators to analyze data from multiple health system partners.
- Design and conduct data analysis, with primary responsibility for developing analytical models to identify clinical phenotypes and cohorts of interest in large clinical datasets for genetic association discovery.
- Develop analytic methodologies and approaches to address queries for cohort selection related to sequencing and epidemiological outcomes studies.
- Conduct algorithm development and implementation for primary epidemiological discovery in large clinical datasets.
- Close collaboration and coordination with external health system collaborators and bioinformatics teams mining EMR and phenotypic data sets.
- Execute the analyses in a timely, accurate and reliable manner. Communicate findings clearly to diverse stakeholders and document work for training and replication purposes.