Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Payer Partner Lead will be responsible for leading, building and maintaining Illumina relationships with US payers whether they are public or commercial payers related to making Next Generation Sequencing the Standard of Care based on sound clinical and economic utility built in alignment with payer partners.
A pivotal role leading a critical function at the forefront of driving partnership with payers in the US. This role requires a visionary individual who can translate strategies into tactics and drive execution.
- Cross functional alignment with other functional areas (HEOR, Commercial, Regulatory, Government Affairs…etc.) to ensure proper value communication with local payers through the different channels available
- Scan the local external environment to identify and analyze trends/changes which will influence access for current & future products. Determine their implications and communicate to relevant internal stakeholders
- Shape & manage the external environment and the impact of payer/health policy by mapping the decision making process, identifying the influence tree and influencing both the external and internal stakeholders to deal with them
- Build and own strong relationships with key external payers & those they influence
- Lead the creation of integrated local market access plans for all key products within the operational planning process that reflect market priorities & BU strategy while identifying inter-dependencies across business units/disease areas to ensure Illumina portfolio leverage with payers
- Lead the local roll-out & local adaptation of the value package for launching products in cooperation with local BU team and commercial
- Develop and maintain a seamless interface with Global Market Access team members to ensure local data and value proposition requirements are represented effectively, early best-practice sharing & early communication of issues/opportunities while identifying the needs required to deal with them
- Form and Lead a Field Market Access Team as the organization grows. Coach and develop team
- Ensure full representation and participation of Market Access function in country commercial team meetings
Skills & Experience
- MD, BSc, PhD, PharmD, MS, MPH, or MBA
- 10 years' relevant Market Access/ Payer experience in pre-launch and marketed products. Experience in diagnostics/ Medical Technology Market Access is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with pricing, reimbursement and HTA (Health Technology Assessment) in local market
- Established professional relationships with key payers and HTA agencies
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in diagnostics/ Health Technology product commercialization across therapeutic areas or multiple indications
- Strong project management skills with oversight experience in both internal and external projects are necessary. Demonstrated multitasking and time management skills and experience are absolutely essential in this area
- Strong and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in participating and leading cross-functional teams, excellent skills in leading without authority, and negotiating and managing through influence
- Executive level communication skills
Internal & External Relationships
This individual will interact internally with multiple functions including Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Health Economic Outcomes Research, Commercial, Market Development and Market Access Teams. External relationships will include payers and payer influencers like KOLs patient advocacy and professional organizations.
Domestic and international travel may be required up to 30% of your time
- Change agent
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to collaborate
- Ability to Influence and impact without direct authority
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf