Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Associate Director for Campaign to Opportunity work stream is responsible for developing and/or improving policies, process, metrics and KPIs as well as issue resolution for campaign management, list acquisition, lead assignment and disposition, sales readiness, metrics and KPIs. Working closely with marketing on the end to end process, the candidate will participate in marketing process development and improvement while leading sales process development and improvement. The ideal candidate has an ability to adapt to fast changing business/operational conditions while providing solutions around a wide variety of business needs.
The candidate will work with Regional Sales Operations teams, IT, Marketing and Sales leadership to build upon and improve marketing strategy planning, demand generation funnel flow, targeted sales campaigns, list acquisition strategies, flow to sales and sales ability to quickly disposition. This includes the design/maintenance of processes, as well as being able to anticipate and advocate for future needs in process, software, and analytics. He or she will be a key member for evaluation and implementation of new software solutions, particularly evaluating impacts on viability of specific features to meet business needs and impacts to business process.
- Act as a global process owner for campaign to opportunity management from a sales perspective.
- Collaborate with marketing global process owners to align the marketing to sales overall work stream flow.
- Collaborate with regional sales operations on process and tool alignment.
- Responsible for proposing, setting and documenting global guidelines, policy and procedures as well as any needs for regional divergence.
- Anticipate and identify user and analytical requirements for campaign effectiveness and sales performance, and proactively identify improvements as well as assist in the selection and/or design of business solutions.
- Liaise with Global Information Systems organization for implementations.
- Lead cross functional teams on process improvement where there are process touchpoints in the marketing organization.
- Coordinate and participate in user acceptance testing of new functionality and systems.
- Act as key contact for issue resolution including troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Conduct cross-functional change management activities.
- Anticipate and plan for future changes and needs as the organization evolves.
- Recommend and participate in process improvements at all times.
- Successful track record of effectively interfacing with sales personnel and leadership to identify, support, and execute on business needs as they align to corporate goals.
- Ability to effectively lead, plan and execute on plans for process improvement.
- Experience collecting user requirements and articulating them to technical counterparts.
- Ability to evaluate solutions from both a near term and long term perspective.
- Experience in a variety of supporting metrics and KPIs.
- Strong sales, marketing, financial and analytical background with attention to detail.
- Strong hands-on experience with SFDC. Marketo a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large data files.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to position initiatives, decisions, and outcomes to diverse audiences.
- Ability to influence cross functionally and solve complex problems.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, embrace change, and innovate in a fast past environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years in a Sales organization, preferably in Sales, Sales Operations or Marketing.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf