Are you passionate about next-generation sequencing (NGS) and enabling precision genomics? We have an opening for an outstanding scientist to lead projects to develop next-generation DNA sequencing assays for Immunotherapy with a particular focus on Oncology. This individual will lead R&D efforts to develop products and establish collaborations with leading academic and pharma partners. The successful candidate will be part of an innovative multi-disciplinary team developing applications for Ion Torrent DNA sequencing. As part of this team, they will be expected to work in a fast paced, complex setting to hard deliverables in a collaborative environment. Critical thinking, determination to succeed, the willingness and courage to push the boundaries on the possible and the drive to deliver are key attributes. The candidate will lead a small team (an individual contributor role is also an option if preferred), and will provide scientific guidance, prioritization, manage deliverables and product development milestones to develop relevant assays and informatics solutions, will collaborate closely with the business partners on strategy, and will establish and maintain collaborations for conference presentations and/or publication.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead large multi-disciplinary teams developing assays in the immunotherapy space
- Directly manage a small team of bioinformatics scientists
- Ensure successful launch of products from conception, innovation through product development and validation.
- Work with leadership to establish and refine strategy and priorities
- Identify, establish, nurture and complete collaborations with leading researchers
- Present at conferences, publish white papers and/or scientific papers