Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
This position represents a key role in the company’s strategic initiative to improve the customer experience, onboarding activities, and accelerate consumable pull through by providing a “Total Solution” to our customers. The Associate Director of Professional Services will support and directly manage a team of marketing and clinical professionals while collaborating with Illumina’s Business Unit leaders and working closely with Sales, Service, and Research and Development to bring value added consulting services to our customer base.
Illumina aims to be recognized as a leading healthcare company that not only delivers world class products but complements those products with world class services. A successful leader in this position will work closely with our customers to understand their needs and collaborate passionately with our internal stakeholders to grow the professional services revenue. The services provided will improve the customer experience and decrease the time required to fully utilize the equipment purchased.
Associate Director, Professional Services
The Associate Director of Professional Services will be responsible for growing, implementing and developing the Professional Services portfolio for Illumina’s Customer Solutions Product Group. This individual will use his or her expertise in healthcare and life science services, business development, biomedical services, enterprise software, and the needs of the genomic sequencing user space to broaden the adoption and utilization of Illumina’s innovative products.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of professionals to define, develop, and deliver a suite of professional services to complement our innovated suite of instruments and drive incremental revenue, improved customer experience, and accelerate pull through of consumables.
- Collaborate with the heads of the various Business Units, regional field leaders, application scientists and thought leading customers to define professional service products that will enable researchers and clinicians to achieve their goals.
- Overseeing all aspects of a professional service portfolio of solutions and the associated financials, including awareness and demand generation, education programs, field enablement, and pricing.
- Build the professional service portfolio in a way that allows for massive scalability while putting in place controls that ensure growth at targeted profitability.
- Building and executing targeted awareness and demand campaigns to ensure the success of our professional service portfolio.
- Performing market research and capturing the voice of the professional services customer and delivery teams.
- Must be able to proactively interact with global sales, service and field applications scientist staff to market, sell and implement the services portfolio packages.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in delivering clinically oriented professional services or other life science and/or health services products.
- Must possess at least 5 years of management experience in leading people and teams to successful outcomes.
- Must have at least 3 years direct or leadership experience in product management.
- A thorough understanding of the regulated markets and compliance expectations of the FDA and other regulatory bodies outside of the United States.
- Business acumen and proven financial experience to manage department budgets and input to forecasts
- Sales and Marketing experience to launch and grow professional services business.
- Must have experience defining professional service product requirements for new services development and delivery
- Must have proven track-record of outstanding performance in interacting with customers and various internal organizations.
- Must have technical familiarity with life science services, biomedical health services, software and infrastructure deployment, and SaaS models
- Experience working with international (multi-location) clinical science or health organizations is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills.
- BS, MBA, Advanced Degree or equivalent in technically oriented field such as life science, medical device, bio-tech industry, or computer science preferable.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf