Clontech is looking for a highly skilled, creative, and self-motivated scientist to lead a team developing PCR & RT applications and custom enzyme formulations based on Clontech & Takara’s broad array of PCR and RT enzymes. Working closely with customers, Marketing, Business Development, and other members of the R&D team, the successful candidate will manage a team of scientists developing key applications data and custom enzyme formulations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide key applications data to help promote Clontech/Takara’s enzyme capabilities.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development, other scientists within the R&D team, and customers to develop and test novel enzyme formulations focused on PCR and NGS-related applications.
- Work on small-scale purification / formulation of enzymes of high interest.
- Develop and test assay methods for determining enzyme performance.
- Make recommendations for formulation adjustment.
- Travel to customer or manufacturing sites, if necessary, to assist in product development / testing.
- Manage junior scientists or research associates.