The Associate Director of Medical Affairs plays a vital role in initiating and sustaining an exchange of scientific information with key customers and internal teams. Key accountabilities include developing and enhancing a strong network of Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) to support the successful launch of NanoString diagnostic assays including Prosigna, particularly in addressing clinical questions and supporting and fostering research initiatives. Approximately 60% of the role will include support for Prosigna medical initiatives. The remaining 40% will focus on supporting research initiatives and priming the market at select key academic institutes for the LST assay in DLBCL, support for integrating our immuno-oncology assay into clinical research at key academic centers, and conducting literature/clinical evaluations of new gene signatures as collaboration with business development and R&D to scope out opportunities for Nanostring to collaborate with research partners.
- Develop and maintain contacts with external experts in accordance with the strategy developed by the Company to further understand and gain both insight and/or input into diagnostic and treatment patterns including the scientific activities taking place within the disease area and the needs and prescribing patterns of health care providers.
- Conduct scientific presentations on Prosigna™ and other diagnostic and research assays in at various congresses, symposium, KOLs and to other relevant audiences.
- Address scientific questions and off-label questions in accordance and compliance with company policies and legal and ethical standards.
- Support medical affairs, R&D and commercial teams in the scientific aspects of diagnostic assays.
- Find, vet and filter investigator initiated studies through the approval process, and monitor these studies as they progress.
- Partner with the sales and commercial teams to identify the medical needs for key accounts.
- Partner with business development, R&D in analyzing and evaluating new gene signatures with regards to clinical relevance.
- Support training initiatives to the field sales force and other internal teams.
- Gather market intelligence on new products in development.
- Effectively collaborate with the Life Sciences commercial team as well as external partners of NanoString.
- Help identify and develop KOLs that will support educational and research initiatives where appropriate.
- Work closely and proactively with the R&D team in new and ongoing company sponsored initiatives.