Responsible for directing medical and scientific affairs activities in molecular diagnostics (MDx) with a focus on infectious diseases/Women's Health/Next Generation Sequencing & Bioinformatics/ Personalized healthcare & Oncology. This position will report directly to the Director of Medical Affairs and ultimately to the Chief Medical Officer. Responsibilities include the support of launch readiness and post-launch market penetration of QIAGEN products lines, with additional responsibilities supporting global medical affairs and corporate goals and objectives.
Primary responsibilities of the position
Support sales and marketing to prepare product launch
• Review of labeling and promotional material as needed to ensure medical and scientific aspects are true and accurate
• Liaise with commercial operations to provide scientific and medical expertise as needed
• Conduct effective clinical and scientific presentations for internal and external education strategy on QIAGEN products and technologies
• Assist with clinical validation, trials management and external QIAGEN and Investigator Initiated studies
• Contribute to the review of clinical data and reports for regulatory submissions of new products under scrutiny for regulatory approval.
• Implement early adopter program (EAP) for products to be launched
• Identify beta testing and EAP sites and in collaboration with regional sales and marketing teams
• Engage sites, define study protocol and monitor product evaluations to successful completion
• Review and summarize data, assist in the preparation of health technology assessment and Health Economic and Outcomes research reports.
• Generate scientific awareness pre- and post-launch
• Coordinate with regional marketing for presentations at national and international meetings to increase QIAGEN portfolio visibility
•Assist in writing and review of white papers, abstracts and manuscripts for peer-review publication
• Consolidate QIAGEN external network of excellence
• Leverage thought leader relationships by aligning their expertise with QIAGEN needs
• Facilitate collaborative relationships with thought leaders internally as advisors, consultant, investigators, expert guest speakers and business development partners.
• Report back to QIAGEN through appropriate channels key market trends and competitive position
• Medical and scientific referent in MDx
• Maintain high standards proficiencies with medical best practices, therapeutic guidelines, and scientific literature pertaining to assigned QIAGEN portfolio and technology
• Regularly collect and interpret insights in the medical diagnostics environment and provide constant feedback to director of medical affairs regarding competitive intelligence.