Position SummaryThe Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, whose goals are to apply large scale human genetics to identify new drug targets and to guide the development of therapeutics programs and precision medicine. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the RGC specializes in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing, large scale informatics and data analysis encompassing genomics and electronic health records, and translating genetic discoveries into new biology and drug discovery opportunities. The RGC leverages multiple approaches including large population based studies, Mendelian genetics and family based studies, founder population genetics, and large-scale disease focused projects and has developed a network of over 50 collaborations with research organizations around the world. Including some of the largest sequencing studies in the world, such as the DiscovEHR study in collaboration with Geisinger Health System, and an initiative to sequence 500,000 participants with the UK Biobank, the RGC has built one of the largest human genetics databases, including sequence data from over several hundred thousand participants and rapidly growing. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas across all therapeutic areas and the RGC is highly integrated into all facets of research and development at Regeneron. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and providers of collaborating health-care systems, improving patient outcomes, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
We are looking for a talented Genetic Epidemiologist with strong quantitative skills to join our Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Musculoskeletal Therapeutic Area Genetics team. The post holder will have key responsibilities in mining large human genetics datasets including 100,000s of genotyped and sequenced participants, in partnership with other RGC teams, to translate genetic findings into new therapeutic insights.
The key goals of the post will be (a) to empower the translation of genetic association findings into new therapeutic targets, indications and precision medicine approaches that will enable Regeneron to deliver better medicines to the patients who need them in the fields of Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Musculoskeletal Medicine; (b) to support existing pre-clinical and clinical development programs within Regeneron in these Therapeutic Areas using human genetics approaches; (c) to form strong partnerships with the Analytical Genomics, Clinical Informatics, other RGC’s teams to accomplish the goals of the Therapeutic Area Genetics team, RGC and Regeneron at large.
• Design and execute complex analyses across datasets to accomplish the translational goals of the Therapeutic Area Genetics team.
• Work in close collaboration with other Therapeutic Area Genetics team members and form a strong partnership with Analytical Genomics, Clinical Informatics and other RGC teams to deliver on complex, top-quality scientific endeavours in these Therapeutic Areas.
• Generate, summarise, and present results in internal and external meetings to a variety of audiences. Lead or contribute to the writing of scientific reports and publications.
• Represent the Therapeutic Area Genetics team in cross-functional initiatives within RGC and Regeneron.
• Collaborate with external industry and academic partners in scientific consortia.