Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Develops and manages new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures in support of Illumina’s Reproductive and Genetic Health (RGH) Business Unit.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate as a member of RGH Business Unit Leadership team to drive
planning, designing, due diligence, and implementation of strategic business objectives.
- Interact with executives, major customers, and other senior management to establish RGH strategic plans and objectives aligned with corporate goals.
- Participate in market analyses for key existing or new strategic areas that may include potential partnership.
- Source and lead negotiation for strategic relationships and related agreements.
- Interface and liaise with cross functional Illumina team members such as Sales, Finance, Marketing, Legal, Manufacturing, and R&D who may be key stakeholders for partnership opportunities.
- Guide financial modeling of partnership opportunities.
- Support drafting and lead negotiations of variety of deal structure and agreement types including MTA, OEM, NDA, technology evaluations, collaborative partnerships, licensing agreements and other commercial agreements.
- Participate in the evaluation, diligence and integration of M&A targets companies with relevant to RGH Business Unit.
- Alliance management for key strategic partnerships.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and present company and RGH Business Unit objectives to internal and external customers.
- Flexibility to travel (approximately 20-25%).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, science or engineering.
- MBA and/or additional master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred
Preferred Experiential Background:
- 7-10+ years of relevant business/corporate development experience.
- Scientific or strategic marketing background and business development experience required.
- Excellent ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and the strategic implications of different business approaches.
- Proven ability to direct high level negotiations.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing complex agreements.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook required.
- Must be very detail oriented.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf