Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team's commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world's fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn't just welcomed, it's encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
The role will report directly to the Executive Director of Transparency, Monitoring & Analytics. Broadly, the Associate Director will be responsible for working collaboratively with the Compliance Operations management team, to help design the global compliance operations program, including the core elements (policies, compliance controls, training, monitoring, auditing, due diligence, etc.), serve as a compliance advisor to the business and support functions within the Global Compliance department and throughout the organization and work with third parties to promote adoption of, and adherence to, the global compliance operations program.
The Associate Director will be responsible for working with the VP, Compliance Operations and Director of International Compliance Operations, to implement and maintain the global compliance monitoring and auditing program consistently across the organization. This will include, but not be limited to; collaborating with key stakeholders to develop and maintain the global compliance risk assessment; advising the business on the proper application of compliance policies and compliance controls; monitoring commercial and research related activities; assisting the business with their efforts to monitor compliance; performing trending and data analytics, where applicable; conducting compliance audits; assisting with compliance investigations and follow on remediation, etc.
Main Areas of Responsibility
1. Develop and execute the strategy for and conduct internal risk assessment procedures including interviews of key stakeholders, utilization of analytical procedures and tracking of industry trends through data analysis. The person in this role must work collaboratively with other compliance and functional divisions to understand overall business risks and challenges within the business.
2. Identify and assess existing and emerging business practices for potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop a global methodology for continuous compliance risk assessment
3. Work with relevant stakeholders to mitigate identified risks and to meet government, industry and company compliance requirements; determine ownership of risk mitigation activities - identify overlapping responsibilities and develop tailored integrated, monitoring plans
4. Oversee the planning process of promotional and non-promotional monitoring activities, including notification, sample selection, monitoring program enhancement, documentation collection and coordination of monitoring team. Support of the compliance and business teams to execute monitoring activities; Adjustment of the plan as the risk landscape evolves
5. Identify, deliver and present monitoring issues, results, analytics and trends to leadership with proactive recommendations on summarizing the results and addressing the issues
6. Support the development and implementation of corrective action plans for the resolution of issues; providing general guidance to the business
7. Provide regular updates and reports to the Executive Director of Transparency, Monitoring & Analytics, compliance team members and leadership, and as requested to the Global Chief Compliance Officer on compliance projects
8. Conduct regular meetings with key business and compliance customers to better understand on-going activities, risks, trends and strategy that inform the monitoring and analytics plan
9. Develop, maintain and enhance analytics dashboard reports using monitoring data to inform and support compliance and business decisions
10. Proactively make recommendations on the development and assessment of corporate compliance programs, training, adherence and effectiveness
11. Assist Compliance Investigations involving potential violations of compliance policies, laws or regulations and overseeing corrective action stemming from monitoring and auditing activities
12. Provide ongoing, real time compliance advisory support for the business and support functions across the organization
13. Serve as a subject matter expert for Compliance Monitoring & Analytics, demonstrating knowledge and competency to support Compliance Operations
14. Manage the development and delivery of formal compliance monitoring training through various methods including formal presentations, on-line training, workshops and written materials
15. Vendor interaction - assisting with the management of vendor relationships
16. Provide support during regulatory inspections and assisting in investigations
17. Maintain strict ethical, legal adherence and confidentiality at all times
8 - 10 years Compliance or transferable pharmaceutical and life sciences industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including adjusting content and style for various audiences (e.g., leadership, Allergan's board of directors, management, brand teams)
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to successfully influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional teams, driving results
• Strong organizational, analytical, project management and team building skills
• Ability to prioritize, schedule and manage multiple, complex projects
• Ability to develop, set and adjust strategic goals in the face of continuously evolving risk landscape
• Change agile - ability to be flexible and adjust strategy based on the evolving business
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Visio, Power Point, Excel, Access, and Outlook
• Working knowledge of analytics tools (e.g., Tableau)
• Good understanding Pharmaceutical and Medical Device commercial operations and the laws, regulations and guidance applicable to the industry (e.g., Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act and of the roles and authority of government agencies and industry partners, PhRMA, FDA, OIG, PDMA, Affordable Care Act, PDMA, ACCME, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree required, advanced degree preferred