Providence is calling an Associate Director Clinical Genomics to Providence Office Park in Portland, OR.
In this position you will:
• Provide technical leadership to the Core Molecular Genomics Laboratory located in Portland.
• Focus on two areas - test development with focus on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) & Gene Expression based methods and providing technical expertise and leadership of genomics laboratory testing services.
• Work with Molecular Genomics laboratory development staff to accelerate the test development process.
• Work with Genomics laboratory staff to train and educate.
• Assist in Clinical Consultations and Utilization management.
• Develop procedures for the scientific and clinical evaluation, introduction and modification of laboratory methods to maintain the highest standards of performance with consistent high quality and meeting compliance requirements with regulatory agencies.
• Work closely with leadership in Regional Laboratories, as well as with other clinical departments within Providence Health & Services (PHS) to ensure the appropriate, effective, efficient, and service-oriented delivery of patient testing.
• Act as a liaison with other departments, Laboratory Administration, Pathologists and Staff Technologists.
• Support the business development and marketing programs of the Regional Laboratory by acting as a Clinical and Technical Consultant to laboratory clients, client services, laboratories located within other PHS hospitals and to laboratories that contract with the Regional Laboratory for such services.