Associate Director of the Center for Inference and Dynamics of Infectious Diseases (CIDID)
The new Center for Inference and Dynamics of Infectious Diseases (CIDID) seeks an Associate Director. The overall objective of this NIH/NIGMS MIDAS Center of Excellence is to provide national and international leadership in computational, statistical, and mathematical research, education and outreach, and public health policy related to infectious diseases and interventions. The Center includes more than 20 core faculty at eight participating institutions and additional faculty affiliates. The lead institution is Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle (PI: Elizabeth Halloran FHCRC/University of Washington). Other institutions in the consortium are University of Washington, University of Florida, University of Michigan, Emory University, Northeastern University, University of Georgia, and Duke University.
Further information about the CIDID can be found by visiting www.cidid.org
The Associate Director will be responsible for the day to day running of the Center.
Among the responsibilities of the Associate Director are:
- Help in preparing the Annual Reports
- Interaction with the Financial Manager to monitor the finances of the consortium
- Interaction with the Project Coordinator in the organization of the Center Workshops and Symposia
- Possible travel to MIDAS Network meetings or other similar meetings
- Function as part of the CIDID Leadership
To be the Outreach Coordinator , and as such to:
- Assess academic and research progress and coordinate the Center's trainees (RAs and postdoctoral fellows) at the eight participating institutions
- Coordinate applications for workshops, symposia, seminar speakers, and visitors' funds
- Implement plans to increase diversity in the Center's programs
- Coordinate with the Website Developer to maintain the Center's website for Outreach
- Depending on the background and interests of the candidate, the responsibilities may involve assisting in research on one of the research projects
Perform other tasks as required
The Associate Director will be under the supervision of the Director of CIDID, Professor M. Elizabeth Halloran. The ideal candidate will have a PhD in a field related to the missions of the CIDID (quantative field), but be interested in a career in scientific communication and diversity. The candidate should also have excellent written and oral communication skills.
The appointment as Associate Director will be as a Staff Scientist within the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division (VIDD).
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2225036-2647-621