The Associate Customer Support Specialist interfaces with and supports customers (internal and external) for our Non-Invasive Prenatal Technology (NIPT). They ensure accuracy and efficiency in providing information to customers on the Clinical Laboratory sample order process while supporting Sales and Marketing by maintaining positive customer relations.
Click here to learn more about our NIPT technology: https://www.illumina.com/clinical/reproductive-genetic-health/nipt.html
- Receive and respond to telephone inquiries and e-mail messages from customers (test lab partners), Account Managers and general patient inquiries
- Assist field team in account set-up including:
- Entering and updating client information in the customer relationship management CRM software
- Enter new client information in shipping material fulfillment system
- Set-up accounts for clients in the Provider Portal
- Work with the Clinical Laboratory to ensure client information is correctly entered and contact clients to retrieve any missing information
- Create new customer accounts and provide necessary access to the client-facing systems
- Follow-up contact with customers to ensure accuracy and completeness of the information on the submitted test request form
- Help train and mentor new employees on using necessary systems needed for Customer Support
- Respond to customer inquiries based on their specific needs and interests
- Data entry into the company’s LIMS and CRM systems
- Provide customers with sample processing status, updates on reporting date, product availability and pricing
- Work closely with the Clinical Laboratory, Finance, Sales and Marketing to ensure that Illumina provides world class experiences for their customers
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in life science, chemistry or business preferred
- 0-2 years of customer support experience required. Experience in a biotechnology company preferred
- Experience working with ERP systems and CRM software preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience independently solving problems and working effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Must be very detail oriented
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments. To learn more, visit www.illumina.com and follow @illumina.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.