This position is accountable for the technical development, maintenance and quality of the Company's bioinformatics solutions and data analyses.
Essential Responsibilities: Under the supervision of a senior developer, this position:
-Develops, tests, and documents custom software for genome-scale product design
-Analyzes internal research to identify important product features and validate performance
-Codes automated workflows for product quality control analysis
-Designs, populates, and interrogates databases of biological information
-Performs custom analyses and report for internal and external customers
-Executes and interprets occasional in silico experiments
-Works with scientists and product managers to define user requirements
-Provides internal support for bioinformatics aspects of genomics-based product lines
-Researches and recommends solutions for technical infrastructure decisions
-Contributes to peer-reviewed manuscripts and delivers research presentations
-Provides functional deliverables in a timely manner
-Exercises judgment in setting priorities
-Multi-tasks and self-motivates
-Self-educates on novel business-relevant techniques and develops technical expertise
-Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as people skills
In addition, the incumbent will be expected to:
1. Work closely with systems teams in requirements gathering and software design
2. Design and build strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware availability
3. Leverage Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the product development life cycle.
Qualifications/Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
-One (plus) years experience with object-oriented software development
-Background in a hard science (biology or chemistry highly desirable)
-Experience developing for a variety of languages and platforms highly desirable, with experience in C# and Python a plus
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology or similar degree
-Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time
- Must be willing to work in our Lafayette, CO facility full-time
-Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered
-Must be 18 years of age or older
-Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
-Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Desired Characteristics: -Previous bioinformatics and/or statistics experience a plus -Experience with database (SQL,?) and/or web development a plus