Covance is seeking an Associate Analytical Chemist for their Food Solutions Business at the Greenfield, IN.
As an Associate Analytical Chemist you will be trained to use equipment and instrumentation such as balances, autoclaves, pH meters, autoturbs, volumetric and serological pipets, Eppendorf pipets, HPLC, LCMS, GCMS, UV-VIS, ICP-OES or ICP-MS used for Food Safety Testing. Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast pace environment is a must.
Job responsibilities include:
• Learns to conduct routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
• Learns how to document work and maintain study documentation and laboratory records.
• Learns how to use laboratory equipment and software appropriate for assigned tasks.
• Attends and participates in project meetings.
• Learns to perform peer review of data.
• Learns to plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
• Contributes to a cohesive team environment. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
• Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
bachelor's degree in relevant field (laboratory experience may be substituted for degree)
associate's degree in biotechnology from madison college (madison, wi) experience minimum required: 6 months - 1 year
prefer enzyme assay experience. eeo employer covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (minority/female/individual with disability/veteran/sexual orientation/gender identity). your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.