New York, New York Research Institute – Research Full Time
The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) Research Institute is a rapidly growing and highly successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures through stem cell research.
NYSCF is seeking an Assistant/Associate Scientist to join the differentiation team. This position reports directly to a Staff Scientist, and works closely with other members of the NYSCF Research Institute including: stem cell biologists, immunologists, automation engineers, software developers and operations.
We are seeking a self-motivated applicant with a strong interest in stem cell research and immunology. The person will have hands-on cell culture experience. Specific experience with human PSC culture, directed differentiation and the culture of blood derived cells is considered a plus.
This is a full-time position based on a 35-hour workweek, however, some weekend work may be required.
What you'll do
- Perform cell culture to support ongoing projects differentiating iPSCs
- Develop, optimize and deploy blood lineage-specific differentiation protocols
- Work collaboratively with other NYSCF scientists and staff
- Execute, troubleshoot and communicate tasks independently and effectively
- Maintain extremely organized and accurate records using an ELN/LIMS
- Provide regular feedback at inter-team meetings Provide routine scientific reports
What we're looking for
- BSc/BA in Biology or relevant scientific discipline, MSc is a plus
- Experience with mammalian cell culture outside of coursework labs is preferred (experience with iPSC/hESC is highly desired)
- Experience with directed differentiation towards blood-specific lineages is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Extremely organized and ability to prioritize a substantial workload
- Able to analyze and interpret data and report findings succinctly
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Organized and able to prioritize and execute tasks
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment requiring occasional weekend work
- Level will be dependent on experience
NYSCF is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.