Scientific and Operational
- Responsible for assisting with installation, implementation and operation of highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in the GTC shared resource laboratory.
- Responsible for the sample handling, preparation, QC analysis, sequencing, to generate high quality data for further analysis and interpretation.
- Conduct method and protocol development for collection and quality of research data to enable genomics analyses performed in the GTC.
- Interface seamlessly with Bioinformatics scientists
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of research projects and data delivery.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the advances in technology and applications for genomics research through attendance of scientific conferences.
- Responsible for data entry into the LIMS system
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Communications/ Relationships with others
- Provides guidance, cooperates, communicates and relates well to all levels of NYULMC Staff..
- Communicates ideas, problems, suggestions, and messages in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all research information.
- Maintains excellent and professional-level communication skills in oral and written English.