Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Department: Project Management
Reports to: Manager, Project Management
A leading expert in the field of Genomics, AKESOgen provides premier research services and the highest quality data for scientists doing clinical or basic research across the world serving clients in biotech, pharmaceutical, academic and government research/testing. Our company delivers data at the apex of quality, enhances clients' productivity, and enables them to meet important deadlines by offering the best in customer service and a collaborative, consultative relationship.
AKESOgen highly values and provides:
Expertise Advice Consultation Responsiveness Unsurpassed Data Quality
Assistant Project Manager:
Our growing company is seeking an Assistant Project Manager who will be the primary contact for newly awarded and existing laboratory projects. This candidate will work closely with the operations team and the business development team to ensure the scope of work is feasible. This individual will work with our clients to ensure the reporting and database requirements are defined as required. Once the project is underway, the APM will work closely with our Project Coordinator who will help manage the day to day of the project. This successful candidate will need to be able to work with tight deadlines, competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A bachelor's degree in a science related field of study and at least three (3) years of relevant experience is required for consideration. Previous experience working in a research, clinical or medical laboratory is preferred.
Essential Job Duties: All duties are subject to change by managers during employment. The following is an outline and is not intended to be inclusive of all tasks that could be requested of employee.
- Reviewing project requirements and providing input.
- Coordinating start up activities with clients and colleagues to ensure project timelines are met.
- Must be able to navigate spreadsheets and databases for project tracking.
- Identify areas for process improvement and work with teams to implement them.
- Proactively identify risks to project deliverables and provide mitigation plans/solutions where possible.
- Identify, trouble-shoot and resolve issues with projects.
- Effectively manage client communications when discussing issues.
- Manage scope change requests.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.