At Courtagen, we want you to create and build your own success. Due to growth, we are hiring a person who will be responsible for administering the technical and scientific operations of the laboratory including the reporting of findings of laboratory tests.
What Is the Job?
Assistant Laboratory Director will be a member of the Clinical Genetics Team, which includes Genetic Counselors and Scientists, to review of clinical data and reports, participate in development of new tests and develop enhanced quality metrics.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Participate in all aspects of the laboratory’s quality management system to ensure conformance to requirements described in the Quality Management System chapter of these Clinical Laboratory Practice Standards.
- Provide advice to referring physicians regarding the significance of laboratory findings and ensure that reports of test results include pertinent information required for specific patient interpretation.
- Effectively implement a plan of correction to deficiencies identified
- Evaluate the data quality of each variant and highlight those variants related to patient phenotype
- Review and sign out patient reports
- Participate and coordinate internal and external proficiency testing
- Work with the Chief Laboratory Director to ensure quality operation of the laboratory and accuracy of test results.
- Promote a safe laboratory environment for personnel and the public
- Develop and review and approve Standard Operating Procedures