The Assistant District Manager will report to VP North American Sales and is responsible for the tactical leadership and implementation of sales direction for the organization on a regional basis. Preferably an “industry-knowledgeable” individual leading the sales function plus an experience base to enable co-travel and mentoring of territory sales representatives. The candidate must be technology versed, well connected, persuasive and organized as he or she will also have direct sales responsibility for a reduced territory. As PacBio’s future sales headcount continues to expand, this position is primary for movement to a full management role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and execute the sales strategy to meet the revenue goals of 2016
- Achieve sales plan for an individual territory. The territory will be reduced in size and quota to enable 1/3 time in mentorship and management of the eastern sales representatives including:
• Developing specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all territories
• Providing quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity
• Coordinating proper company resources to ensure efficient sales progress
- Adds a mature field sales dimension to all discussions and decisions that PacBio makes regarding its technology, so that the value of the company and its products and services are maximized.
- Independently identifies, initiates, executes and manages business relationships and deals that are of value to PacBio by effectively building consensus and gaining the support of all necessary constituencies within the organization.
- Implements and manages interface with customers to assess the market needs and the success of the strategies.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of sales representatives; recommends necessary changes.
- Ensures sales personnel have received adequate training.