Assistant Director, R&D (GenPath)
GeneDx,a division of BioReference Laboratories, is a rapidly-growing, diverse clinical laboratory in Gaithersburg, MD that provides molecular diagnosis for genetic disorders. GeneDx is recruiting for a full-time Assistant Director of R&D (GenPath) to support the development of assays and clinical data analysis tools for the BioReference- GenPath division.
Working closely with the Associate Director, R&D(GeneDx), this individual directs and coordinates activities of the department engaged in research and development projects supporting somatic genomic tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prognostication of patients with solid tissue and hematological malignancies, as well as high throughput genomic “screens” to evaluate reproductive risk for genetic diseases in a family, preconception and prenatal. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for the transfer of validation-ready assays to the technology transfer and validation (TT&V)group and the production genomics laboratory of BioReference Laboratories/GenPath,located in Elmwood Park, NJ. This position includes up to 25% travel to the GenPath clinical laboratory in Elmwood Park, NJ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for technical oversight and direction of research and development projects supporting BioReference Laboratories somatic cancer and women's reproductive health genomic testing programs.
- Delivers optimized robust clinical assays to the TT&V lab in Elmwood Park.
- Works closely with TT&V to manage project planning, optimization and technology transfer to the testing laboratory.
- Works closely with the Data Science group to get sign offs on all data for quality and robustness.
- Follows executive leadership decision on project priorities and relevant resource allocations.
- Prepares or directs preparation of various qualitative and quantitative reports and records.
- Regularly(weekly) holds meetings with R&D lab, TT&V, BioReference and company leadership on project status.
- Authors and submits scientific conference abstracts and manuscripts.
- Works cooperatively in a team environment supporting senior laboratory and management staff.
- Reviews and updates SOPs and oversees all QA/QC activities for the R&D Lab.